Have you ever had sorrel soup? In France and in other countries in Europe, sorrel is the harbinger of Spring. When your sorrel pops up out of the ground, Spring is here, and it’s time to make “la soupe à l’oseille” Here is the basic recipe:
- In a frying pan, put some butter, olive oil, salt and diced shallot.
- Once the shallot is translucent, throw in a lot of freshly cut sorrel, then put a lid on the frying pan.
- When the sorrel is wilted and dark green, turn off the flame and set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Put the mixture into your blender, along with some heavy whipping cream or crème fraîche.
- Blend until smooth, then pour into bowls.
- Garnish with black pepper
For more crazy herb recipes, some even with exact measurements, visit http://corralesherbfarm.com